Finally made it!!

I finally made it to a river I’ve been wanting to go to for quite a while. It was either here or the Uintas. I’m glad now that I picked the river instead. I ended up hiking 2.70 miles total. It was a nice easy trail without much elevation gain or loss.

Here is where I ended. I wish I had more time to hike further down, but after walking past the river for over a mile I was to excited to get fishing then to hike any further.


After many many casts, and seeing fish I switched to a smaller marabou jig (1/32oz). After switching jigs I caught one smaller brown, and a brook trout. I had read, and seen pictures of there being brook trout in this river. I was hoping to catch more, but at least I got one.


Kind of goofy looking.


From here I fished back towards my car stopping anywhere that looking like there were fish. As I walked up to a tree that had fallen across the river I could see a couple of fish tails sticking out the back side of the tree. I cast over the log, and let my line rest against the tree. After jigging the jig a couple times this one swam out, and grabbed it.


Beaver pond.


I can’t believe how beautiful this place was, the pictures don’t do it justice.


After hiking most of the way back to the car I came to a big beaver pond.  After a couple casts I hooked into something that was a lot bigger then what I was previously catching. Once I got the fish closer, and from going in to the logs in the beaver dam. I could tell it was a big brown.


I was crazy excited this is one of the biggest fish I’ve ever caught. I’m glad no one was around since I was talking my way through the whole ordeal.

A little further up this same beaver pond I hooked into another big brown. This one ran for the mossy bank then just sat there.


After wrestling it out of the moss I was able to snap a couple pictures. This one was a little bit bigger.



After getting that one back in the river it was only a couple casts later that I caught another one that ran in to the moss.


DSCN0849I couldn’t believe it three big fish in a row. I didn’t get anything else out of that beaver pond, or the rest of the way back to the car.

I didn’t see anyone else the whole time until I got back to the car. In the parking lot there were two guy’s gearing up to go fish.

I’m hoping to make it back here again this year. I wish I could get Dad in here, but with the rocky trail, and steep climb from the parking lot to the river he would never make it.


3 thoughts on “Finally made it!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s